Salary: £18,000 per annum
Location: Romsey, Hampshire
Job type: Full-time, Permanent
The Junior Developer is responsible for supporting the Lead Developer and in maintaining and building different applications and websites. This is a diverse role including work in both back-end and front-end development – training will be provided for all areas on the job.
In addition, you will be responsible for amending and creating artwork for various print projects, ensuring it is of high quality.
- Maintaining a good standard of coding and adhering to the same conventions as the rest of the team.
- Tests code, both client and server side.
- Clearly communicating with the Lead Developer and Account Managers within the Jellyfish Livewire to understand their expectations and requirements.
- Ensuring any design work is of a high standard and is print-ready.
Knowledge & Experience Requirements
- Comfortable working with HTML (Preferably HTML5).
- Comfortable working with CSS (Preferably with experience of working with a responsive framework, i.e. Bootstrap. Also experience with a CSS pre-processor such as Sass or Less would be beneficial).
- Comfortable working with PHP (Preferably experience of working with CMS (Concrete5) & MVC frameworks (Laravel)).
- Comfortable working with Adobe Creative Suite/Cloud, specifically Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign.
- An excellent working environment
- The opportunity to become a key player in a growing team
- The opportunity to develop your skills
- The opportunity to work with varied, international clients across multiple industry sectors